Day 7. First off, I've gotta say that I loved this workout overall. It was a cardio workout incorporating lots of ST moves. The main thing that I didn't like about it was that it was too short. It was only half an hour. I know that I was supposed to do the Recharge workout after it but honestly, I was all revved up and yoga was the last thing I was in the mood for so the plan is to do it tomorrow, which is theoretically a rest day and then I start the whole thing again.
I have to look at the exercises for the Burn Circuit workouts to see which one has the most TnT (tighten 'n tone) exercises for my BLC challenge that is every Thursday and do that one instead of whichever one I'm supposed to do. I don't think it will make that much difference as long as I do one of the Burn Circuits. I'm used to doing workouts that have lots and lots of reps and ChaLean Extreme focuses more on lifting heavy and slowly and not so many reps.
I'm not going to list all the exercises in today's session but just mention a couple things about them.
First of all, Chalene has us do 5 back-to-back exercises and then a one minute rest period which largely consists of us just walking around, drinking water, toweling off, etc. and then 6 back-to-back exercises and then the cool-down (as I said, it's short).
The only ones that I did any major modifications to were the burpees which I did with my hands on the exercise bench and not the floor and the planks where I also used the bench and not the floor. It just seemed like a lot of effort to get down to the floor for the one exercise (planks) and then have to get back up again for the next exercise so I didn't. Next time, I might.

No comments:
Post a Comment