Thursday, January 09, 2014

Chalean Extreme - Burn Circuit 2

Technically, Day 2 was yesterday and it was a rest day.  Initially, I wasn't going to take the rest day and was going to do some light cardio but my shoulders were screaming with achiness during the night so I decided to not push it.

However, today was Burn Circuit 2 and I've gotta say, it felt a lot harder to me than Burn Circuit 1 did.

First of all, I think it felt harder because I felt that I was making better weights' decisions.  There was only one exercise where I felt I should go lighter.

The other reason I thought it was harder was because it involved a lot of lunges and with the osteoarthritis and the rheumatoid arthritis in both of my knees, lunges (and squats) can be difficult.  However, that said, here are the exercises that I did today with the weights I used and the number of reps:

1.  Sumo Squat w/Bicep Curl - 8 lbs, 12 reps

2.  Lunge w/One-Arm Tricep Extension - 5 lbs, 12 reps

3.  Dead Lift Row - 10 lbs, 12 reps

4.  Sumo Squat w/Overhead Tricep Extension - 10 lbs, 8 reps (This is the one that I'll go lighter on next time.)

5.  Dead Lift w/Double Row - 10 lbs, 11 reps

6.  Bowler's Lunge w/Single-Arm Row - 10 lbs, 10 reps (I didn't make it to 12 because of the actual lunge not the weight that I was using.)

7.  Bicep Curls w/Abductor Balance - 8 lbs, 12 reps

8.  Forward-Lean Lunge w/Double Row - 10 lbs, 12 reps

9.  Triple-Threat Push-Ups - 3 reps (Triple-Threat Push-Ups are tricep, wide hands and wide feet.  Where I did 6 push-ups 2 days ago, I actually did 9 today since each push-up set is made up of 3.  I did all of them on my knees.)

Workout Time - 45 minutes
Calories Burned - 234

Tomorrow's workout is Burn Intervals and Ab Burner.  Sounds tough but I'll do my best as I always do.

No comments:

Post a Comment